EOS Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clickbank product promotions

2 posters

Go down

Clickbank product promotions Empty Clickbank product promotions

Post  Brian L Fri May 14, 2010 5:49 pm

I was considering a certain product on Clickbank but when I went into the site it asked for an email address for further information.

If I direct a consumer to this site from my landing page, the consumer gives his email address but does not purchase the product at that time and then the consumer goes back into his own email and ends up buying the product directly from that clickbank merchant. Do we get our commission? It would seem easy for the merchant to be able to bypass paying out a commission.

Pete, I know you went through a similar situation with a merchant offering free trials. Is this the same type of deal?
Brian L
Brian L

Back to top Go down

Clickbank product promotions Empty Re: Clickbank product promotions

Post  Pete Tue May 18, 2010 11:43 am

Hey Brian,

Yes,

There is a very fine line to ethics.. As a merchant-vendor of many products myself, I have to walk it carefully because I still want to be an aggressive marketer for my own products.

When your vendor- merchant builds a list such as we do with "EOS", you are giving them the opportunity to "Steal" your commissions... Simply because they can contact all of the members of their list in minutes giving them a new affiliate link which can easily whip out your own..

What I recommend doing.. (and it is a pain in the butt..) sign up for the list as if you are a customer.. Then see if they send you any sort of links.. Do this before you run a campaign on the product when you are in your research stages...

Yes I have dealt with this a few times now.. Merchants are greedy ass holes most of the time, and it is healthy to assume they will try and screw you if they can..

However, as a merchant, I can say that it is difficult to market your product to your "list" after the affiliates have helped you build it.. So don't be too hard on them, just make sure no matter what they do or how.. That you will still get a cut of they visitor you sent to them..

That is about the extent of the merchants responsibility..

Thanks Brian!

Pete-

Pete

Back to top Go down