EOS Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resource Box Question

3 posters

Go down

Resource Box Question Empty Resource Box Question

Post  affmktg2010 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:13 am

I need your opinions on resource boxes. This is something that I have struggled with for awhile so I wanted your take on this.

Through the years I (of course like everybody else) have read so many different things about resource boxes and it seems like they all recommend something different.

To name a few:

• Be an expert on your subject as people will trust you more and will more likely buy from someone they trust. (This one has never really worked for me because I'm not an expert on anything I've promoted and I don't want to say I'm one if I'm not)

• Make your resource box short and to the point. People don't care if you're an expert and they don't want to read a bunch of drivel that you have written.

• Make your resource box catchy or humorous. (Depends on the product you're promoting as you probably wouldn't want a humorous resource box for a dreaded disease).

• Ask a question and then give a solution.

I have tried testing several different ways by using the methods I found and it hasn't seem to make one ounce of difference either way.

So what I usually put is something like this:

• For more information about how you can grow large beautiful tulips visit (name of website)

• For more tips and advice on growing large beautiful tulips check out (name of website)

• Do you want to learn more about how you can grow large beautiful tulips? If so visit (website name) for more information on growing tulips like a pro.

• Find out how you can grow large beautiful tulips and be the envy of your neighborhood by visiting this site (website name)

• Do you want to grow large beautiful tulips? You can make Tiny Tim proud by visiting (website name) to learn more about tulip growing.

So what seems to work the best for you guys and how can I improve upon mine?

Thanks

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Resource Box Question Empty Re: Resource Box Question

Post  lisa Sun Mar 28, 2010 3:59 pm

I think your resource boxes sound fine. You are offering them more information and giving them a reason to click. I think it works better if you use anchor text though. Like instead of saying the website name use

<a href="www.yoursitename.com">your keyword here</a>

Then it becomes a clickable link with your keyword. Google likes this and people know to click. You just have to get your keyword to fit in a sentence.

I use to links in my resource box - one with anchor text and then another with the exact site.

I am sure Pete and Mike will be able to help more.
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Hi Lisa, Thanks for the advice. I do use anchor text with my keywords, I was just saying "name of website" for my examples. I have actually tried every possible way I could think of. Having the clickable link be my website name, the keywords and just click here. Plus I have also used the example that you posted about using two links, one being anchor text and the other the website name. I can't seem to tell much difference in the amount of clicks I get no matter which way I do it. Maybe it doesn't really matter all that much, but if it does, I'd like to know.

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Wow, you really have tried everything!! Sounds to me like you are doing it right then. Maybe Mike or Pete can shed some more light for us. I am curious to know also.
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:12 pm

I have tried everything that I know of to do, however I don't know if I'm doing it right. scratch

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Resource Box Question Empty Hola-

Post  Pete Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:52 pm

Hey- I have been staring at this thread all day.. haha back and forth back and forth..

I wasn't sure how to answer it because I don't really pay much attention to it at all.. haha

When I write my resource box, I just add a link to the website saying " Click here to learn more " then my url.. I write my URL out in the resource box because I know that my articles are going to get picked up a lot.. I want to make sure that when someone copies and pastes my article that there is at least one link that will for sure lead back to my site...

Meaning- when someone copies and pastes your article, the links may or may not work afterword... But if you have your resource box linking back to the url then it will for sure light up and you will achieve one free backlink(;

Other then that it is something I don't over think.. Just make sure to give them an option to move on and learn more from you...

Does that answer everything?

Let me know if I missed anything(:

Pete-

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:10 am

I guess I am just trying to think too much, but I was curious if anybody had better luck with a certain way that they did their resource box and if mine seemed like they were all right.

When I write my resource box, I just add a link to the website saying " Click here to learn more " then my url.. I write my URL out in the resource box because I know that my articles are going to get picked up a lot.. I want to make sure that when someone copies and pastes my article that there is at least one link that will for sure lead back to my site...

I'll have to make sure that I do this on all my articles. I think I have on some but I didn't think about articles that are picked up. DUH

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Its ok haha, I am sure you will write more articles in your life.. haha

Pete-

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down