EOS Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page

4 posters

Go down

I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page Empty I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page

Post  new_wealth Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:31 am

Hello Every,

I am new to this IM, I started on March 20, 2010. I have made 2 Squidoo pages and writen about 10 articles. I have also done some backlinking to a few articles. It is a little over whelming to learn all this in such a short time.

I am having some problems with understanding RSS Feeds. I wanted to add a RSS Feed to my squidoo page but I can not get it to work or maybe I do not understand the concept. Is the goal to add my own personal RSS feed or to add a RSS feed from another site to drive refresh traffic?

I was trying to add a RSS feed about the travel industry.

Thanks,

new_wealth

new_wealth

Back to top Go down

I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page Empty Re: I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page

Post  affmktg2010 Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:34 am

Hi new_wealth and welcome to the forum. By the way, I like your handle. Smile

I don't know if you've watched the bonus video on Getting Your Lens indexed or not, but these videos talk about RSS feeds and how to do it with your Squidoo lenses. To be honest I really don't understand RSS feeds either, but I was able to do it by watching the videos. Hopefully someone will come along soon that can give you an explanation.

To your success,

affmktg2010

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page Empty I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page

Post  new_wealth Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:12 am

Hello affmktg2010,

I did actually watch the video's I guess I am not understanding the whole concept. I do understand the purpose. Do I have to start a blog page or can I just start using others RSS feeds.

Thanks,

new_wealth

new_wealth

Back to top Go down

I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page Empty Re: I need help adding and understanding how to use RSS Feeds in my squidoo page

Post  lisa Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:31 am

You can use other RSS feeds, but you run the chance of someone clicking out to it(I am pretty sure they become a clickable link with the rss module). I don't worry about putting rss feeds on my lens.

I have read that it will NOT add fresh content to your lens - in google's eyes - because it takes to long to load. I have heard it differently also. The only advantage I can see is if you would add your own blog RSS because then if someone does click out it is still your page and this helps in creating the "net" to catch traffic

The only thing I do is get the RSS of my lens and submit it to feedagg and feedage. There are also other sites I use.

Maybe Mike and Pete can explain better, I hope this made sense.
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:00 pm

Hi new_wealth,
Sorry I can't help you more but I'm kind of lost myself when it comes to this. confused

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:28 pm

Hey,

The purpose of adding an your lens "URL" to an RSS feed at the sites we mentioned is part of the procedure to help get your lens indexed a lot faster. It is a silliy little trick that works really well when you are trying to get your lense built up and or pushed up under your keyword of choice under google(:

When you add the rss feed, ping, and submit one post to three step adds this will help your lense get indexed faster which means it will end up on google.

Adding original content to your lens so that google likes it better is a whole different dealio.. haha

What are you mostly confused about??

Hope I can help clear this up for you guys/gals-

Pete-

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:30 pm

P.S. I use RSS feeds once a month at most if I am in a hurry.. haha Don't be upset if you don't know what it is, we do not pay to much attention to things that waste a lot of time and do little for helping your campaign.. haha Its the EOS way.. haha

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post  new_wealth Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:51 pm

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for your answers. I did finally figure out how to get the 2 feed sites to work as you mentioned in the bonus video's.

Thanks,

new_wealth

new_wealth

Back to top Go down

Post  lisa Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:58 pm

I love submitting RSS feed cause it is quick and easy - that is MY way - but the EOS way works much better.

If I understand right submitting RSS feeds gives you fast indexing and with the right site fast ranking. The downfall is it doesn't work long term.

There is a difference between putting RSS feeds on your Squidoo lens and submitting your OWN rss feeds.

I think that is the question here. Please, correct me if I am wrong. The question is about actually putting RSS feeds on your lens whether it is from your own blog or someone elses. This is totally different than submitting your RSS feeds to sites to help traffic and ranking.

I personally don't worry about getting RSS feeds on my lenses. I just don't think it is necessary unless you have a really good niche that is already converting for you. However, submitting your Squidoo lens RSS will help you get indexed faster and possibly bring you quick traffic - but this doesn't have as much power as article marketing because it is a short term fix????????

Yeah, that was an explanation and a question all at once. That is how I understand it, please correct my errors so I understand better.
lisa
lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down