EOS Evolution Of A Sale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can you guys tell me what just happend here????? my first article......somebody's else page?

2 posters

Go down

can you guys tell me what just happend here?????  my first article......somebody's else page? Empty can you guys tell me what just happend here????? my first article......somebody's else page?

Post  dulm1204 Tue May 04, 2010 9:19 pm

okay... I don't understand what is going on here....on 5/1/10... I finally finished my first squidoo lens and on 5/2/10.. I finally submitted my first article ever. The article I submit was on a copy game niche which I submited to articlebase.com. A few days later on 5/4... I decided to do a Google search on my Squidoo lens and article to see if any of the two would show up on Google. none of them showed up .... does that means none of my work is indexed by Google? if so ..how long does it take for it to be index?....the thing i don't understand is ..... if my article is not index yet, then how come my article ended on somebody else site???? and how the hell did they found my article on the net...when i can't even find it when i do a Google search? can somebody explain this to me?? Im a complete newbie but a very confused newbie....

my first article on articlebase address is http://www.articlesbase.com/video-games-articles/want-to-learn-how-to-copy-360-games-2278817.html

my lens address is http://www.squidoo.com/video_game_backup_copy

the site with my article....http://xbox-360-accessories.net/full-auto-xbox-360/want-to-learn-how-to-copy-360-games/

HOW DID THESE PEOPLE GOT MY ARTICLE!???? and for what??? Shocked

dulm1204

Back to top Go down

can you guys tell me what just happend here?????  my first article......somebody's else page? Empty Re: can you guys tell me what just happend here????? my first article......somebody's else page?

Post  affmktg2010 Fri May 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Hi, I checked it out and what I figure is that this other site added your article for content for his/her site. They apparently did not want to write an article themselves so they searched for one and found yours. Since you can't find your article when searching on Google, this person probably went to Articlesbase and did a search for XBox articles, seen yours and liked it, then added it to their site. Other websites can get the articles you write from Articlesbase and other article directories, however they are supposed to leave the links intact, which this person did. This is good for you because your Squidoo links are still active in the article (I checked), so if someone goes to this other site and clicks on one of the links it will take them to your Squidoo lens and hopefully make a sale for you.

By looking at this other persons site it looks like they are trying to make money from adsense and amazon products and they needed some sort of content on there. (your article)

In my experience it will take a few days to get indexed by Google.

I hope this explains it for you.

affmktg2010

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

can you guys tell me what just happend here?????  my first article......somebody's else page? Empty Re: can you guys tell me what just happend here????? my first article......somebody's else page?

Post  dulm1204 Fri May 07, 2010 3:12 pm

affmktg2010 wrote:Hi, I checked it out and what I figure is that this other site added your article for content for his/her site. They apparently did not want to write an article themselves so they searched for one and found yours. Since you can't find your article when searching on Google, this person probably went to Articlesbase and did a search for XBox articles, seen yours and liked it, then added it to their site. Other websites can get the articles you write from Articlesbase and other article directories, however they are supposed to leave the links intact, which this person did. This is good for you because your Squidoo links are still active in the article (I checked), so if someone goes to this other site and clicks on one of the links it will take them to your Squidoo lens and hopefully make a sale for you.

By looking at this other persons site it looks like they are trying to make money from adsense and amazon products and they needed some sort of content on there. (your article)

In my experience it will take a few days to get indexed by Google.

I hope this explains it for you.

affmktg2010

thanks affmkt..... thanks for the explanation....as of today.. i googled it again to see if it index.... i guess it is index now. but am i doing something wrong when i google my exact article title words along with my author name which deem1204.... " want to learn how to copy 360 games deem1204"...and google comes comes up with my article link displays funny characters on the bottom of my link....shows something llike this :

Want to learn how to copy 360 games? - 12:33pm<h1>Want to learn how to copy 360 games?</h1> <p><strong>By: <a href="http://www.articlesbase.com/authors/deem1204/399578" title="deem1204's ...

instead of google showing my part of my written aritcle it shows what is above..... is this normal? funny character like <h1>?

dulm1204

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Fri May 07, 2010 3:37 pm

What I found was this: I typed in google - site: squidoo.com "video_game_backup_copy" and yours was number 2. I typed in google - "want to learn how to copy 360 games" and I found an Ezine Article of yours at Number 1 on the page. WOO HOO! I typed in what you did in google - "want to learn how to copy 360 games deem1204" and this is what I got.

No results found for "want to learn how to copy 360 games deem1204".
Results for want to learn how to copy 360 games deem1204 (without quotes):
Search Results

Is it possible to create a video game copy of your favorite game disc?
- 4:21pm
deem1204 donates 100% of this page's earnings to charity . ... 1) Insert the game you want to copy in your dvd drive. ... Xbox 360: How to Copy That Game and Play Backup Xbox 360 Games in No Time ยท Xbox 360: How to Copy That Game and ... Here are a few ways to learn more (and even get started on your own page). ...
www.squidoo.com/video_game_backup_copy - Cached

Looks okay to me and it is your Squidoo lens. It may not be indexed yet from Articlesbase as I have tried typing in - site: articlesbase.com "how to copy 360 games" and nothing shows up. No results at all. I'll keep checking on it periodically.

Hope this helps.

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  affmktg2010 Fri May 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Forgot this part. I have seen results like what you got with the <h1> tags etc...Don't know why it comes up this way but it does happen.

affmktg2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down